Tuesday, 3 May 2016

Platinum Award Achieved


Great news everyone, I, Kieran, from Miss France’s class have passed my platinum maths award! For this, I had to be positive and I had to progress in my skills. I had high expectations of myself and each time I failed I simply had to keep trying, learning from my mistakes and being resilient.
Feeling overjoyed with my certificate
I needed to have these positive learning attitudes but that is easy for me as I think I’m a good mathematician, who enjoys the challenge of maths. It’s a good job I feel this was as the Platinum award is a bit tricky. For example, you have to complete 140 questions in 150 seconds (or 2 and a half minutes) and the questions include things like square numbers and square roots, and also multiplications from all the tables.

It took a while to gain this award due to it being so challenging. In fact it took me six attempts until I completed it however I am the first in my class so I feel thrilled.

If I were to give advice to someone else about to practice for this test it would be to try to regularly do your tables.
I think I am good at my tables because I’m quick and can fire them out as over the years I have done practice at home. I’ like to thank mum and dad for all the times they helped me at home.

I know my tables will come in useful as I want to an underground driver and I am sure that skills like my times tables might be needed.

To conclude, getting my platinum award is amazing, no AWESOME!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant work Kieran. We are all so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Kieran, great job! Never even noticed you got it!

    ReplyDelete