
Today, in science, we thought about what we already know and would like to find out about water.
Some of what we know
I think I have seen steam at home in the kitchen, coming out of the oven, if you are cooking pizza. (Ayla)
When snow mellts it turns back to water. It turns from a solid to a liquid (Rhianna)
Steam is a gas which is made of water and it is invisible.(Ella)
Water vapour is in the clouds and this makes rain. (Lewis)
What we'd like to find out
I would like to know how rain drops come out of the clouds (Thomas B)
I want to know what precipitation means (Rhianna and Faith)
I would like to know what condensation is. (Jared)
I would like to know how salt dissolves in water. (Tylar)
Does the sea go down into streams?(Millie)
Where does the water come from in the sea? (Mia)
At the end of the lesson we learnt what PRECIPITATION IS
We looked at the Met office and found out this...
What is precipitation?
The definition of precipitation is any form of water - liquid or solid - falling from the sky. It includes rain, sleet, snow, hail and drizzle plus a few less common occurrences such as ice pellets, diamond dust and freezing rain.
Then we did some movements to help us to remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment