In Literacy today, Year 4 listened to two adventure stories written by Mini Grey: 'Traction Man Is Here' and 'Traction Man and the Beach Odyssey.'
Before Mrs Douglas read the first Traction Man story, the class were asked to make predictions about what they thought the text would be about, based on the front cover.
"I think that it is about a man who attracts things, because there is a magnet in the shape of the letter 'A!'" (Ella)
"I might be wrong but I think it's a superhero who uses the magnet to attract things and stop bad things happening!" (Megan)
"I think Traction Man is a toy in a shop but when the shop closes, it comes to life and helps people." (Dylan)
"I'm unsure but I think the story is about a normal man who is given special powers!" (Morgan)
Which of these predictions was the closest? If you have read the story, add a comment below.

No comments:
Post a Comment