![]() |
| What if ...nobody discussed anything? |
You should aim to show what some of the pro (positive or for) and anti (negative or against) opinions which some people might hold.
Write your first name only at the end of your comments, having also written the letter of the subject you are commenting on. You don't need to comment on all the ideas, however your aim should be to pick at least 3. Have a read of some of the other comments and challenge yourself to come up with something which nobody else has thought of.
a) Football coverage should be replaced with rugby on TV.
b) School dinners should include McDonalds choices.
c) All eight and nine year old children should be in bed by 7pm.
d) Teachers should wear school uniforms.
e) All schools should have a pet cat, dog or guinea pig.
f) Pencil cases should be brought byall children to school
g) The time spent watching TV should be rationed to 2 hours a night.
h) There should be an extra week off in the summer holidays and a shorter week at Christmas.
i) X Box games should be accessible to children at playtimes.
j) Time spent on a computer or hand held device should be unlimited for children.
k) Children should be permitted to wear their own choice of clothing for school.
l) Swimming hats should be compulsory during swimming.
m) Nobody should eat chocolate.
n) Children should be allowed mobile phones at FWA.
o) If you don't eat all your dinner you should not get pudding.

e) Some people suggest that pets are a way of easily teaching children to be responsible; they have to assist in feeding, cleaning and perhaps even exercising a valued pet- all of which need doing regularly yet with care. Having a school pet would therefore help a lot of children to show this responsibilty. (Miss France)
ReplyDeletee) I don't agree with this because some pupils might be allergic to some pets and the animal might get confused by the number of different people looking after it. However it would be great fun!
Deleteb) Many people believe that McDonalds should be a choice at lunchtimes. Whilst I agree that they are very tasty, they have also been scientifically proven to be very unhealthy, especially for children. Schools have a responsibility to look after their pupils and this includes keeping them healthy. School lunches should be healthy and nutritious, unlike McDonalds. (Mr Thompson)
ReplyDeletevery true mr Thompson, they are extremely unhealthy for kids. by Isabella
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletee) some people may have allergies to pets and this is a con as it will make people poorly
Deletei)i think this is bad because at playtime you are supposed to play and if you go on the xbox you wont get fresh air and it doesnt help our education but fresh air is exercise
k) the pros are mum doesnt have to buy uniforms and make sure its clean every day, we can wear different clothes in different weather.
the cons are if we get lost people dont know what school we are from,it might make bullying worse because if people dont have much money so they might not have nice clothes.
m) people should never eat chocolate because it is unhealthy
jacob w
I ) An anti argument is that swimming hats must only be compulsive to the girls as their hair takes a longer period of time to dry and boys may have to miss out on important lessons.On the other hand it may further speed up dressing times. Freddie A
ReplyDeleteI ) An anti argument is that swimming hats must only be compulsive to the girls as their hair takes a longer period of time to dry and boys may miss important lessons.On the other hand if boys had to wear them too it would further speed up dressing times. Freddie A
ReplyDeleteA)Football coverage should be replaced with rugby on TV because it is a mans game.
ReplyDeleteN) Children should be allowed mobile phones because instead of paying for mac books and i Pads we could use our mobile phones.
O) If you don't eat all your dinner you should not get pudding because if your to full to finish your dinner you must be to full for pudding.
(James)
Individuals believe that the time on hand-held devices and computers should be unlimited and as a consequence of this children can do as much research as they need. On the other hand, children may only play non-educational games ,and as a result they will not learn anything or get any exercise. Having a limited time would be a better suggestion. (Georgette)
ReplyDeleten) Children should be allowed mobile phones at FWA.
ReplyDeleteSome parents, carers and children believe that school children should be allowed to bring their mobile phones with them into school. Parents often state that their children need to bring their mobile phone to school for safety reasons, for example so that their children can contact them in an emergency. However, the school office has the contact details necessary to contact parents and guardians in such circumstances. Therefore, children at Fosse Way Academy should not be allowed to bring their mobile phones into school.
B) I think we could have McDonalds offered as a special occasion choice such as end of term! This would be a special treat but, should only be for this reason as it is unhealthy eating it too much (Kian)
ReplyDeleten). Using mobile phones at FWA could benefit maths lessons as they have a calculator on them but they could also be a big distraction as people would just want to play on them all of the time (Kian)
ReplyDeleteh) I don't think this would be a good idea. We already get 6 weeks in the summer, and I sometimes get bored and miss my friends. Also we only get 2 weeks at Christmas, and this is quite short, and I like to play with my new presents. (Kian)
ReplyDeleteHaving phones at Fosse Way Academy would mean that children would be able to phone their parents if they feel sad, lonely or unwell. However, in contrast, certain individuals believe that phones may easily get broken or lost and as a consequence, the child who lost the phone would have to pay a lot of money to get another one. it would be a better idea (although children would be able to phone their parents at school) to keep Fosse Way a phone-free academy. (Georgette)
ReplyDeleteChocolate is very tasty and especially calming if you're in a bad mood. Some individuals believe, chocolate ( although very unhealthy ) is good after a long, hard day. It is the opinion of others that chocolate should not be included in a varied diet and in addition should not be eaten. It is my opinion now, after weighing up the evidence that chocolate should only be eaten once in a while however, it shouldn't be completely band.
ReplyDeleteh) I disagree with this idea because I think we already have enough time in the summer holidays.Also, one week wouldn't be enough time to play with your new toys.
ReplyDeleteMya.
k) If children wore their own clothes and went on a school trip it would be difficult for teachers to recognise the pupils from their school. Although I would like the idea because I want to look different to other people.
ReplyDeleteMya.
n) I strongly disagree with this comment as the children will be messing with then rather than learning.Expensive phones could be dropped, stolen and smashed during playtime.
ReplyDeleteMya.
I know what you mean
DeleteI get where your coming from
DeleteWe should have McDonalds at school butt l know it is not the best for us l only mean like once a mouth.
ReplyDeleteB)A magority of peopel believe they are unhealthy and uneccessary.However,others think it will encourage children to eat there school meals.I have come to the conclusion that having Macdonalds at home is best.Sophie
ReplyDeleted) Some think that teachers should wear school uniforms but I don't. I will advise you that (even if they look smart) they will just get muddled with the older kids. They wouldn't like that!
ReplyDeletem) One pro+ statement is that chocolate has been scientifically proven to be unhealthy however, it does give us energy if we have just 1 bar (or less) a day. (Tamara)
d. Teachers should wear school uniform because it will make the school look good although when teachers were young they had to were uniform for most of their life. I think if we all wear the same thing we will look the same but if we wear different things we will be unique in our own way. Even though on school trips we wear school uniform it dosent mean the teachers dont but teachers are allowed not to wear uniform because they wont judje other people on there opinion. [Heather Campbell]
ReplyDeletee. Some people could be allergic to animals although it could help some people learn how to look after pets. They may become a distraction but at "star time" you could play with the pet. It will cost a lot of money for their care but if some of your family are allergic to animals you will be able to interact with them.
ReplyDeletej) I think its acceptable to go on computers and hand held devices 1 hour a day.If you go on them all the time it can be unhealthy for you and you will not get any exercise or play any other toys.
ReplyDeletem) As always, children love chocolate.I think its all right to eat chocolate once or twice a week. If you are a diabetic you are only allowed to eat chocolate occasionally. Bethany
ReplyDeletej) The time spent on a computer or any other device should only be one hour a day.If you go on it all the time it will stop you from learning and getting exercise. Bethany.
ReplyDeleteb) For an example you could get a free McDonalds if you get child of the week although it is unhealthy for you. If you have hot dinner for party day you could have a choice of Mcdonalds.
ReplyDeletea)Rugby is a good sport however,football is more popular sport than rugby.Football has a more stylish play and rugby is a little bit boring at times
ReplyDeletem)Some think chocolate is very fattining but some agree it is part of your diet.you cant have to much or you will get fat.
ReplyDeletee)Not all schools shouldnt have a pet dog or cat because some have allegies and some are scared of dogs.
ReplyDeletea)Rugby is a good sport however football is more popular.Football has a vast variety of fans and rugby doesn't.Football has more stylish play and rugby is a little boring at times.
ReplyDeleteLeo
B)
ReplyDeleteI disagree with this comment because McDonalds can be very unhealthy for school aged children. Also, McDonalds choices are more expensive than the normal hot dinners that we have.
Kieran N.
A)
ReplyDeleteI totally disagree with this comment because if this happens it means there will be no football on and just rugby so I think we need a mixture of both. Also, football is more popular than rugby so we need a tiny bit more football on instead.
Kieran N.
H)
ReplyDeleteI totally agree about this comment because when you've had a long year at school you need a pretty long rest. When it is Christmas normally you have to stay inside because of the weather so an extra week in summer means you've got longer to play outside.
Kieran N.
e) I completely disagree with having a school pet because a child or an adult could have a pet allergy. Who would take the pet home at night when the school is not open? Also what would the cat or cat do all day? Grace
ReplyDeleten) I think that they should be allowed as they will allow students to look up information that may help them with their school. Sophie
ReplyDeletee) I disagree with this statement, as some people my have allergies to the pets, and may have an allergic reaction. Sophie
ReplyDeletef) I think we should bring our own pencil cases to school, so that we can use our own, as I really do not like having to use one that has been chewed by someone else, as it has their germs on it.
ReplyDeleteSophie
c) Some individuals believe that going to bed at 7pm is good for children due to the fact that they get more sleep. A nother pro on this argument would be childen wont be wachiing tv for hours on end. However they will wake up extremely early in the morning not only hat but not evey goes to sleep that early.
ReplyDeleteDaisy O
Some individuals believe that at school dinners there should be mc donalds choises due to the fact that mc donalds food has lots of sugar and calorires in so that causes the children liking them.An anti reason of having mc donadls at school is that its extemely unhealthy for children. Eve.
ReplyDeleteSome individuals believe that they should have mc donadls as school dinners due to the fact that it has lots of sugar and calories which causes children to like them . However an anti reason is that they are extremely unhealthy for children and adults.
ReplyDeleteSome individuals believe that they should have mc donalds for school dinners due the fact that it has lots of sugar and calories which causes children to like them .But there is also an anti reason that it is extremely unhealthy for both adults and children.
ReplyDeleteF) I think this is a good idea because it will keep your pencils nice and tidy, and if you get a pen license you can keep it in your case.
ReplyDeleteK) I think this is a good idea because you because you don't have to look for your uniform in a morning, and also you won't get tops mixed up which sometimes happens.
O) I think this is a good idea because it will encourage children to try different foods that they don't normally eat.
Oliver May.
F) I think this is a good idea because it will keep your pencils nice and tidy, and if you get a pen license you can keep it in your case.
ReplyDeleteK) I think this is a good idea because you because you don't have to look for your uniform in a morning, and also you won't get tops mixed up which sometimes happens.
O) I think this is a good idea because it will encourage children to try different foods that they don't normally eat.
Oliver May.
d)
ReplyDeletei agree teachers should wear school uniform is well because its not fair on any of the children because parents have to buy the uniform.izzy
b)
ReplyDeletemcdonlands should be included as good looking cookings food isont nice sometimes and not fair on children
b)
ReplyDeletemcdonlands should be included as good looking cookings food isont nice sometimes and not fair on children
F)
ReplyDeletepencil cases shouldn't be brought to school as they can be nicked and pens and pencils can be taken. izzy
mcdonalds should be a choice in school dinners because its a food everyone (most people) like. But a negative comment to this is that its an unhealthy food. Another positive comment is that you should only get 1 choice.(Bradley)
ReplyDeleteI think football shouldnt be replaced with rugby the reason for this is that rugby is dangerous football you dont get hurt as much rugby can hurt you. However some people like rugby and most like football so there could be football on one day and rugby on another (Bradley)
ReplyDeletei think its a bad idea because kids could get distracted from learning and might just go on them all the time and not learning. Also they could get stolen smashed or stuff like that.
ReplyDeletei) I don't think Xbox games should be accessible to children at break times due to the fact that there could be challenging of who can get the highest score and furthermore we might be encouraging bullies; our school is trying to prevent them!
ReplyDeletei) A lot of individuals have suggested getting an X Box at playtime. Although I agree it will be very entertaining, it is still kind of unhealthy due to the fact that they won't get any fresh air. Everyone claims it's perfect to get exercise outside and therefore I disagree with this opinion.
ReplyDeleteEvie.
i) A lot of individuals have suggested getting an X Box at playtime. Although I agree it will be very entertaining, it is still kind of unhealthy due to the fact that they won't get any fresh air. Everyone claims it's perfect to get exercise outside and therefore I disagree with this opinion.
ReplyDeleteEvie.
Schools shouldn't have pets because a child could be allergic to the animal you have.Also they cost a lot of money to buy,feed, bowls and also their bedding.You will also need someone to walk and exercise them also they will have to pick up their diahorea. I think children would mostly concentrate on the animal and not their work. If you hade a cat it could easily escape and you would have to take weeks looking for the cat. Also if you hade a cat or dog it could bite or even scratch.
ReplyDeleteSchools shouldn't have pets because a child could be allergic to the animal you have.Also they cost a lot of money to buy,feed, bowls and also their bedding.You will also need someone to walk and exercise them also they will have to pick up their diahorea. I think children would mostly concentrate on the animal and not their work. If you hade a cat it could easily escape and you would have to take weeks looking for the cat. Also if you hade a cat or dog it could bite or even scratch.
ReplyDeletec) I strongly disagree that eight and nine year old children should be in bed by 7pm: it is far too early because you might not be able to finish your dinner and have any time for fun. However you would get a long sleep...
ReplyDeleteo) I disagree with this because pupils might not like the dinner and it will be unfair for them not to have a pudding. They might be allergic to the food on their plate and no teacher would want to have a hungry pupil in their class!
ReplyDeleteMcDonalds shouldn't be served at school as it is a family treat due to it being an unhealthy option and if I ate it at school I wouldn't concentrate as well in class. Reuben.
ReplyDeletem) Some people think that they can bring chocolate to school however it has been scientifically recognized as an unhealthy food so I would recommend not to bring the chocolate to school. A positive comment on this is you can get huge amounts of sustainable energy.
ReplyDeleteWilliam
o) Some think if you don’t eat all your dinner you don’t get pudding. Others think this is bad because you won’t have enough calories to do any type of athletics. An anti comment on this is you won’t have enough energy to do any thinking or writing.
ReplyDeleteWilliam
m) Some people think that they can bring chocolate to school however it has been scientifically recognized as an unhealthy food so I would recommend not to bring the chocolate to school. A positive comment on this is you can get huge amounts of sustainable energy.
ReplyDeleteWilliam
B) I disagree with this comment because it is not very healthy for you and everyone would be in a gigantic cue because evryone loves Mcdonalds.(Dylan Swinn)
ReplyDeleteN) I disagree with this comment because you will be messingb with them in lessons and you cant concentrate. (Dylan Swinn)
ReplyDeleteI first thought that having X box games at playtime was a great idea as I sometimes get bored but having discussed this with mum I realise that it is good to be playing outside and exercising and also I wouldn't concentrate very well in lessons if I had spent a lot of time on an Xbox. Reuben.
ReplyDeleteI disagree about having unlimited time on devises because it will give you a head ache and make your eyes go square if you stay on for to long. Also as my dad keeps reminding me there is more to life than gaming, "Play outside Reuben!!". Reuben .
ReplyDeleteb) I strongly believe that we should have McDonalds in hot school dinners at school because they are nice and more people would have hot school dinners.
ReplyDeleteLois
e) All schools should have a pet Guinea pig because they are cute and it would be a great treat to have a pet in school, but dogs and cats would not be any good because no one is at school and the weekend to look after them.
ReplyDeleteSomeone could take the Guinea pig home at the weekend as it's in a cage.
Lois
i) Xbox games should not be available at playtime because children would fight over it and they would get upset.
ReplyDeleteLois
b) i strongly believe some times we can have a MacDonalds because kids like them. on the other hand, they are not healthy for peoples teeth and for you
ReplyDeleteby jack gg
Schools shouldn't have pets because a child could be allergic to the animal you have.Also they cost a lot of money to buy,feed, bowls and also their bedding.You will also need someone to walk and exercise them also they will have to pick up their diarrhea. I think children would mostly concentrate on the animal and not their work. If you had a cat it could easily escape and you would have to take weeks looking for the cat. Also if you had a cat or dog it could bite or even scratch. (Evie Walters)
ReplyDeleteThe title of my debate :All eight and nine year old children should be in bed by 7pm.
ReplyDeleteA anti comment on this debate is late nights don't agree with certain people and you need your sleep if your body is to grow. Another comment that i believe in is it doesn't matter if you can't get to sleep it only matters if your body is resting. A positive statement on this debate is if your program is on at 6 and finishes at eight you should be aloud to end your program. Consequently another statement is it depends on your behavior if you are to stay up late or to go to bed earlier.
b) I strongly believe that we shouldn't have mcdonalds for school meals because they are unhealthy and are school meals are healthy already. by Isabella
ReplyDeleteI) I strongly believe that xbox games should be allowed because you can have lots of fun with your friends at play time and then it will make you work harder in class . by Isabella
ReplyDeletem) I strongly believe that chocolate shouldn't be allowed because it can rot your teeth and it is not a healthy option. by Isabella
ReplyDeleteThe title of this debate is : All schools should have a pet cat, dog or guinea pig.
ReplyDeleteI believe that we should have a guinea pig like Lois said they are easy to take home as they live in a cage. Another comment i am in favor with is not only animals teach you how to look after them, it teaches you to be sensible and careing. A anti comment on this issue is guinea pigs cats and dogs can carry a disease called ringworm witch can pass on to humans. This disease for animals occasionally starts at the head and makes a bald patch and makes the skin crispy for humans it creates a rash and can be contagious. All in all pets would be great fun for teachers and pupils.
The title for this debate is : Children should be allowed mobile phones at FWA
ReplyDeleteI disagree at this age not only the age but if they get lost or stolen it can have important details on it. On the other hand if your are feeling unwell or you have hurt yourself you can ring or text home.
d) Teachers should wear school uniforms.
ReplyDeleteFor - Teachers should wear uniforms as the represent the school just like the children
Against - Teachers should be allowed to wear their own clothes because they will not argue who is wearing the best clothes
e) I think having pets at school is a good idea because kids can learn to have their own responsibilities rather then just sitting in a classroom all day. On the other hand some children might be allergic or frightened so maybe it isen't such a good idea after all.
ReplyDeleteMina
k) I think this is a negative because of the fact that other kids might get jealous of someones choise of clothing. On the other hand most kids are more comfortable in their own home clothes and it shows peoples different personalities.
ReplyDeleteMina
n) I think this is beneficial to the school because children can play educational fun games to make lessons more energetic and lively. There might be a downfall because some kids can be victims of bullying through electronic devices, (which is called cyber bullying).
ReplyDeleteMina
h) I think not because we'll have less family time at Christmas.
ReplyDeleteKai
e) I agree because it will make us more mature and help us care for animals.
ReplyDeleteKai
j) I am against this because it may cause damage to our eyes
ReplyDeleteSchool dinners should include Mcdonalds choices
ReplyDeleteThe positive would be that a lot more people would have school dinners and would eat it all.
The negative would be it's an unhealthy choice if u had it everyday.
Aaron
All schools should have a pet.
ReplyDeleteThe positives would be that people would learn how to be responsible for animals and how to care for them.
The negative would be that some people might be allergic to animals.
Aaron
The time spent watching tv should be rationed to 2 hours a night.
ReplyDeleteThis would be good as you could do lots of other activities such reading instead of watching lots of tv but on the other hand you would miss lots of your favourite tv programmes.
Aaron
e) I feel having pets in school is a good thing because kids can learn to be responsible rather then just sitting in a classroom all day. On the other hand some children might be allergic to such animals or frightened so it might not be such a good idea after all.
ReplyDeleteMina
(E) I strongly believe that if we have a pet in school lot's of people mite have a allergy
Deletek) I think this is a negative due to the fact that children might get jealous of someone else's choice of clothing. On the other hand most kids are comfortable with their own home clothes and its shows peoples different personalities.
ReplyDeleteMina
n) I think this is beneficial to the school because children can play educational fun games to make lessons more energetic and lively, there might be a downside because some kids may suffer from bullying using electronic devices (which is called cyber bullying).
ReplyDeleteXbox games ,as well as uneducational, could make people disagree and subsequently cause an argument. Also, they may distract people in lesson times and consequently children should not have access to one at school.
ReplyDeleteB if we have a choice of mcdonalds now and again then it would be ok as a result your teeth might go black!
ReplyDeleteC- I believe that all 7/8 year old children should go to bed at 6pm because their brains need sleep.
ReplyDeletei, I think this would be good idea if it was educational games.
ReplyDeleteLucy
d, I think teachers should wear school uniform on school trips.So that when we go on a school trip they can match teacher to the children.
ReplyDeleteLucy
k, I don't think we should wear what we want because on a school trip they wont know what school we are from.
ReplyDeleteLucy
H) I think that it should be the other way round. There should be a week taken off the summer holidays and added to the Christmas one, so that we get more time to play with our presents.
ReplyDeleteFinn
I) i think x box should be available at playtimes because I find playtimes very boring.
ReplyDeleteFinn
B) Children should have a McDonald choice at hot school dinners because not everybody likes the choices available, but they may like McDonalds instead.
ReplyDeleteFinn
H) I think that the summer holidays should have another week because you get longer off school to play with friends. I think that the Christmas holidays should stay the same as they are.
ReplyDeleteCaitlin
k) I think that children should be allowed to wear their own clothes to school because they can choose different clothes. But I also think that you should wear school clothes because when you go on school trips people will know what school you are from but if you don't people won't know what school you are from.
ReplyDeleteI think that everybody shouldn't have pudding if they don't eat there dinner because if they don't eat there dinner that means that they are full. on the ether hand if you do eat your dinner you can have pudding therefor if your full after dinner you don't have to have pudding.
ReplyDeleteAll schools should have a pet because they are cute and you can let them run around your class room. I also think that you shouldn't have a pet in school because they can go to the toilet in your room.
ReplyDeletei) you should have xbox games to play because the children will like it on the other hand,
ReplyDeleteif you go on it to long it is bad for your eyes
by jack gg
e) some people would love to have a pet at school because we can feed them look after them see them on the other hand, some people have allergies so they get poorly
ReplyDeleteby jack gg
I think that school dinners should include McDonalds but only once a month
ReplyDelete