Today in literacy this was our LO and ticks:
LO: I can write a persuasive text
Context: In the style of a tweet, with only 140 characters, I will describe my unique sweet, suggesting why mine should be selected for Mr Willy Wonka’s factory
I shall include a simile to describe—appearance or texture or taste or how your sweet makes you feel
I will use persuasive phrases/ simple psychology (orange highlight)
I will include a superlative (green highlight)
Most of the class knew lots about Twitter, but Daisy was our expert, as her brother regularly tweets.
Macy explained that she didn't know what characters were before and Leo added that using only 140 characters will be a tricky challenge. Kamen contributed that we could all use the keyboard symbol, when we intended to show that a space had been used.
Before we discussed it, Evie didn't know that it was a form of social media and that you could interact with your friends or indeed the whole world using it.
Here are some of our tweets:
a) Only a fool would think that I can't be in the sweet factory. I'm as sour as a lime. Fantastic, chewy sweets like me should be respected! (140 characters)Tamara and Ysabelle
b) Pick me! Your mouth will be dribbling like a boxer dog. You will be craving for me! Only a fool would not taste my extremely sweet taste. (140 characters) Grace and Freya
c) Chose me! I am the most succulent, sweet ever! #gobble me up (>‿◠) Only a fool wouldn't pick me. I will fill a gap in your life, I am a gobstopper.(124 characters) Elliot and Munro
d) Everyone knows that I'm the tastiest sweet ever! Only a fool could resist the sour and tangy flavour, melting in your mouth like a dream. (140 characters) Georgette and Izzi
e) Pick me! The amazing Fizzy Wizzy Pastel! Only a fool wouldn't want to try my mouthwatering flavour. (98 characters) Mya and Sophie
f) Pick me! I am as sweet as can be! You will be desperate for more! Only a fool would not go ahead and buy me! Your mouth will be drooling so much! (140 characters) Evie and Millie
g) I am straw gum. Delicious and scrumptious is how I taste. I will make your mouth water, like a dripping tap. We are at the top of the podium for sweets. (98 characters) Leo and William
What do you think of our efforts?
f) Pick me! I am as sweet as can be! You will be desperate for more! Only a fool would not go ahead and buy me! Your mouth will be drooling so much! (140 characters) Evie and Millie
g) I am straw gum. Delicious and scrumptious is how I taste. I will make your mouth water, like a dripping tap. We are at the top of the podium for sweets. (98 characters) Leo and William
What do you think of our efforts?

I am so gummy that I will blow your head away. I am called Choccy Orangy you will taste lots of different flavours you will taste mint and banana. By Dylan
ReplyDeleteI'm delicious fantastic popping candy with chocolate !
ReplyDeleteAs soon as you bite into my sweet it will burst into tropical flavers you've never tried.
Your mind will pop into flames!
The chocolate is melted. By Sam C