Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Fizzy the Froglet




The other day, Mr Lockley filmed the exciting life of a tapole, under the surface of the water in our pond. 
Having discussed the fact that it was a special kind of water proof camera and not to try to film with any of the other school cameras, we had a fantastic time thinking about the life of one little froglet, namely Fizzy.

Hi there
Let me introduce myself. I'm a rather polite Fosse Way frog. Ribbit! Well, in reality I'm not quite frog yet... more a froglet. My name is Fizzy and my mum called me that because I like nothing more than watching fizzy bubbles rapidly rise to the surface of the pond, in the nature area of Fosse Way Academy. Ribbit!


First of all, I was a tiny, sticky, translucent jelly egg, thus I couldn't move out of my spot. Ribbit! I heard some the humans referring to me and my jelly friends as frogspawn. Ribbit! 

It was not an exciting or adventurous time of my tiny life, however later I would experience more adventures and fascinating journeys. Ribbit!


After a while, I began to get legs, which gradually became longer and I started to lose part of my tail. Ribbit! This made me feel quite alarmed and anxious because I have had my tail since I was a tadpole, but my dad told me,


'' Don't worry son, ribbit, its ok, its just the next stage for you in growing up!''


Soon after, I realised that my tail had nearly gone. Devastated yet excited, I was becoming a froglet. I was just hopping out of the water one day, obviously celebrating the growth of my front legs, when I saw a year 3 girl coming closer and closer. I could clearly see her blue eyes sparkle brightly in the sun. 

Unfortunately, I nearly got squashed as she carefully observed the duckweed, while swishing around her net. The year 3 girl then looked straight at me. She seemed to be inspired. I think she may have wanted to become as good a swimmer as I am!


Oh no! The surviving tadpoles were devouring my fabulous friend, Freddy, very eagerly. The big smirk on their black, fat, vicious faces was unwatchable! Who would want to eat an adventurous frog like the amazing Freddy? 


As a carnivore, my favourite meals include: yummy insects such as fantastic flies, munchable mosquitoes, mouthwatering moths and delicious damselflies. Also, larger froggy friends will eat larger insects like grass hoppers and worms. Some extremely large frogs will even eat small snakes, mice and even other smaller frogs!


Swimming through the emerald green pond, I thoroughly enjoyed exploring the crevices and cracks between the pebbles! It's been a while since I was part of some frogspawn and moreover I am now a froglet enjoying the freedom of my legs.While doing this, I can hear swaying trees in the distance and  children screaming loudly as they enjoy a game of rounders. Ribbit

I heard wind howling like a wolf and saw lots of other Fosse Way frogs Ribbit . I heard rustling trees and other frogs. 

Jumping excitedly out of the water, a week later I suddenly realised that I was a frog. I observed the giant world resting before my sunflower yellow eyes and slimy green body. Rubbit! I was surprised with my new sound Rubbit. I had a much deeper voice! All my friends surrounded me. They were all real frogs too! Hurray! Rubbit!                                                                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment