Today we have been looking at the 4 sentence types in Year 3.
Look at the work below by Ruby and Gracie. They focused well to add any missing capital letters and full stops, while also making sure they placed the sentences in the correct group.
Command
Pay for shopping, by placing the cash in the slot.
Use capital letters for the pronoun ‘I’.
Question
Did you properly clean your room last night?
Would you prefer chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
Wow! Look at the size of that spider?
Do you know the name of any joints in your body?
Statement
Letters such as j p y and q go under the line and have
descenders.
You have 206 bones in your body.
Exclamation
Help, I need help!
Never run across the road!
I can’t believe how fast Usain Bolt can run!
Two counties in the Mediterranean are France and Spain.
Can you think of a new sentence to fit in each group?


No comments:
Post a Comment